MENTAL SKILLS TRAINING: THE OTHER SIDE OF PERFORMANCE
Think about a time, past or present, when you were involved in a sport or performance-related activity. Take a minute and create an image in your head of what it was like to compete, how much time you dedicated to your performance, and the way it made you feel. After you’ve had some time to conceptualize that experience, think about how much time in that sport or activity was dedicated to practicing your physical skills. Most athletes and performers would agree that a large majority of their time, usually 80-90%, is spent on physical practice. Now, consider this…
"When you were competing, if you were to make a mistake, would it be due to a lack of physical skill, or would it be the result of a momentary lapse in concentration?"
When asked this question, most athletes and performers would attribute their mistakes to mental errors opposed to the physical ones. So, the question becomes, why is it that we consistently invest in the physical practice of our sport, when most of the mistakes can be corrected by addressing mental skills? Imagine a holistic training program, in which mental skills training can supplement physical practice, and the athlete has an opportunity to develop a plethora of skills that contribute to their confidence, their focus, their mental resiliency, their ability to manage emotions, and their ability to effectively communicate with others. This is where the sport psychology consultants at The Performance Pursuit can help.
INDIVIDUAL Mental Skills Training
Why choose individual training?
- Receive assistance in effective goal setting
- Increase self confidence through self talk techniques
- Maintain positive attitude through adversity or setbacks
- Learn relaxation techniques in everyday life as well as performance/competition
- Learn how to visualize performance skills and exercise techniques to improve performance
- Develop various skills to become the best athlete/exerciser possible from a mental standpoint
How would individual training work for me?
- A free 30 minute consultation to see how we can help you improve
- A unique program for your individual mental skills training that meets your needs, availability, and budget
- Consultations are available via in-person, phone call, email, and Skype/Facetime
Individual Training Testimonial: "The Performance Pursuit allowed me to tap into potential I didn't know I had and the sessions allowed me to work on weaker muscles and make them stronger." - Priscilla Frederick, Professional & Olympic High Jumper
Team & Group Mental Skills Training
Why choose team/group training?
- Improves the team and group's ability to perform consistently and maximize potential
- Increases the team and group's capacity to overcome challenges together while improving overall resilience
- Fosters team cohesion and use of effective communication skills
- Develops leadership styles and ability to motivate others
- Increases group and team awareness
How would training work for my team/group?
- Receive a free 30 minute consultation to see how we can help your team improve.
- Our team of consultants will create a mental skills training program tailored specifically to your team or group's need, goals, and budget.
Team & Group Training Testimonial: “From everything they talked about, it really sunk into our team’s hearts in which played a huge part on the field. They are a big factor to this team and it was awesome having them here.” - DI Collegiate Men's Soccer Player
Overview of all SERVICES OFFERED
Interested in Specific Services or Even a Combination?
- You can choose a specific service that we offer or even a combination of them at a reduced rate
- We offer you the option of creating your own unique mental skills training program using the services listed
- We recommend scheduling a free consultation before to ensure that you receive the best program tailored your specific needs and objectives
Intake and Assessment
Team and Group Workshops
Presentations and Workshops